Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Lightest Light Attracts the Darkest Dark

I just started reading the very popular book "The Expected One" and one of the first lines in the book refers to the saying "The Lightest Light Attracts the Darkest Dark". It is a saying I have heard often in the Spiritual community and is often used by my very wise and wonderful Dad but one that I hadn't thought about much for quite some time.

Today the phrase keeps repeating in my conscience and playing at the edge of my thoughts.
"The Lightest Light Attracts the Darkest Dark"

Have you noticed that the closer you are to your most true and centered self the more challenges you face and the more your faith in humanity, your self or your beliefs is tested?

I have and I find it almost comical at times when I can step outside of myself and feel so in touch due to some revelation or the overcoming of some obstacle only to find that I am so busy feeling proud of myself that I haven't noticed I am still running full tilt at the next hurdle with no time left to leap.

Within this simple saying I find great comfort. It is when I shine my brightest that I am often faced with the trickiest of situations or the most challenging of personalities but it also when I am at my strongest and my most receptive.

I think their is a lot of truth to the saying "The Lightest Light Attracts the Darkest Dark" but I also feel it is important to understand that the dark is often the misunderstood, the feared and the wounded. At our brightest moments we are given the strength to reach out to those in their darkest moments and share Loves light. Our gift is not only our own but a responsibility to reach out.

Shine bright dear hearts!
Blessed Be, Love and Light

No comments: