Friday, June 1, 2007

May the Angels be Rock Stars and Heaven be a Open Road

A name from the past came rushing back to me last week when I found out that a friend from my home town was killed in a motor cycle accident.
Lee was always a party animal who loved metal music, a good time with friends and nothing more than jumping on his bike and pushing his own limits. He was a person who had a good heart and would do anything to help a friend in need and that is what I will remember most about him. It has been many years since I spent any time with Lee but back in the day we ran with he same crowd and got in far to much trouble together. The memories came flooding back as I heard the sad news and some how I think only more will penetrate my mind as the reality of this loss sinks in.
Though I feel for Lee's family and friends and add my grief to their tears, I am mostly glad that I just got to know him and share a little of his life. That I got to walk the halls of Shuswap school with him, eat Christine's grilled cheese and jam sandwiches with him, see TJ Hooker (the live version) with him, Party at his Dad's place during the Spring Break that I will never forget, enjoy nights at canoe beach with him, and all the dances that we went to with the rest of our friends.

Lee lived and died doing what he loved and I only hope that we can all be so lucky.

Lee, my friend, I hope that you find peace where ever you are, that the angels are rock stars, and that heaven is a open road!

Blessed be, love and light

No comments: