Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A visit from myself

Something moved and caught my eye but when I turned, it was gone.

I forced my shivering body to remain still in the hopes of the magical being returning.
Again, something moved at the corner of my eye and this time I managed to quell my curiosity and remain perfectly still.

Slowly and purposefully a shimmering form circled around me until it was positioned only a breath away.
The image was blurred and I struggled to see past the confines of my mind so I could understand what stood before me.

Moments passed; I'm not sure how long. It may have been hours, days or perhaps even years as my body felt older now and I noticed streaks of silver in my hair.

"Who are you?" I asked with all the courage I could muster. But the being only glittered more brightly in answer.

"What do you want?" I now demanded in both fear and impatience. Again the glittering and shimmering increased and then it whispered to me in a voice; so familiar.

"Am I so unrecognizable to you?
Has it been so long since I entered your mind?
I am your dreams and desires, your goals and your passions.
I have been patient while you dallied in other things and were absorbed
in your daily life but now I refuse to wait any longer."

With that, the now glowing entity rushed towards me and enveloped my being. I openly wept for joy at the feeling of this missing presence returning to me and I laughed at my own ignorance for not even knowing it had been lost.

"I am glad you are home my friend. Tomorrow we shall create our dreams as we had
planned to so many years ago" I whispered to my own ear.

"Why wait another moment?" I heard myself reply!

No comments: