Friday, January 26, 2007

Awaken the Wolf

Last night we had our first puppy class. The teacher is a wonderful woman who is very in touch with her inner wolf and has used "Wolf" language and positive reinforcement techniques to form her teaching style. Sage loved it and by the time we left he was exhausted from having to use his mind to please us. It was a great experience for him and was just as amazing for me.

Talking "Wolf" with your dog and thinking with a mindful mind about what your body is saying to your canine partner has a powerful grounding effect.
I have the tendency of not always staying 100% in my body but during the lesson I was totally in my body and very aware of myself. I also found that my body confidence increased and I took on my responsibility of "Leader of the pack" with a gentle peace.

I think many of us on a Spiritual path tend to spend a lot of our time off in the cosmos praying for enlightenment and analyzing life's lessons and messages. This isn't wrong but I must ask if we spend as much time supporting our instincts and our bodies.

Whether you have a dog or not I strongly suggest thinking "wolf" for a day and awakening your instinctive brain. It is a wonderful way to ground yourself and make peace with being a flesh and blood human as well as a Spiritual Being.

We are of the heavens and the earth,
The stars and the sea.
Bless my soul and my body,
Bless all that is me.
Anneliese

Love and light

No comments: