Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pleasantly Mud Stained

Watching my dogs play in the muddy park today took me on a trip down memory lane into my own childhood. Back then, you knew you had a good day when you would arrive home, filthy, cold and soaked to the bone. The carefree joy of playing in the mud and the mucky puddles was all the joy I needed then and watching the dogs splash around this morning was too enticing to pass up. In walking boots and designer jeans that cost more than I’d care to admit I plunged in and romped around with the pups getting extremely muddy and totally soaked. Forty minutes later the three of us trotted back home with flushed cheeks, hair sticking up all over, and expressions of joy on all our faces.

Clothes can be laundered and fur can be washed but the memories stay pleasantly mud stained!

Love and light

No comments: