Thursday, March 22, 2007

Crying the greys

It is yet another grey day on Vancouver Island. I can't remember the last time I saw the sun and it is sending me into a complete funk.
The Vancouver city lights make you forget that it is always grey and the sexy low hung cloud against the mountains in Mission, make the grey days happy as all you want to do is curl up naked on a sheep skin rug in front of the fire.
But here in Victoria it is just grey.
The sky is grey, the water is grey and today I am grey!

I miss the Alberta sun that fans out across the sky making the Calgarian cold winter days bright and fresh. How blue the sky is and how much air there seems to be around you as the sky is just so big and you are just so small.

On the up side the pink and white blossoms are lining neighborhood streets and 2 large trees in my front garden are covered with stunning baseball sized blooms. The grass in our canine landscaped back yard is a vivid liquid green and the daffodils, pansies, and hyacinths are all making their Spring time appearance.
These plant life delights indicate that sunshine could appear at any time and let me say that for me it can't come a moment too soon.
Much more of this and I may have to do something outrageous just to stop from crying the greys.
What would this crazy act be? Stay tuned to the weather channel and the local news and perhaps you may find out!

Blessed be. Love and Light (please let there be light).
Anneliese

No comments: