Thursday, March 8, 2007

MokSana

For many years now I have dabbled in a little yoga but I have never really dedicated myself to the practice. Recently though, I have been determined to make my practice a more regular event and although I am not quite committed to a daily practice yet I do attend 4-5 times per week.

I have started going to a wonderful studio that not only gives me teachers who provide the instruction and correction I need to stay motivated but the studio it's self has an energy and life that compels me to be there at every chance I get.

The studio is called MokSana and it is located in Victoria's china town in Fan Tan alley.

Yesterday while lying in corpse pose at the end of class I opened my eyes and saw the rain on the skylights above my head, I heard the gull perched on the roof calling out to sea, and I felt the wool blanket I was given to use cocoon my stretched and limber body. "How blessed I am" I thought to be able to spend time embracing my body in this wonderful loft studio with its soft light, warm exposed brick walls and subtle herbal aroma.

Yoga has become a way for me to become acquainted with my body but MokSana has become a way to immerse myself in peace. Thank you for this gift!

Blessed be, Love and Light

No comments: