Thursday, March 15, 2007

Donut

This morning I bought a donut.

I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time I ate one of those sugar intense dough balls. I don't even like them but today after running all my errands I went to the grocery store to buy a piece of fish for dinner and I was unexplainable drawn to a case of sticky, jam filled, sugar donuts.

I have been sitting now at home staring at it in disbelief for a good 15 minutes trying to think how this thing got into my basket, how I got home, and how I forgot to buy the fish.
Everything after seeing the case of donuts is a blur.

I suppose the question now is what to do with it, stare, sniff, eat????
This is a tough one.

~Perhaps the universe guided me to the sinful treat.
~Perhaps my body is craving an intense sugar rush.
~Perhaps, perhaps....

Oh fuck it, just eat the damn thing Anneliese!!!!!

Okay I'll admit it. It was wonderful. The sugar crunchy, the dough soft, and the jam tart.
I have no donut regrets but I will pay the price of a sugar rush hang over.
Life is so bitter sweet.
'Till nest time. Love and light,
A.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is your inner Homer Simpson coming out! :) I love you so much for being so goofy at times!