Wednesday, March 28, 2007

On The Horizon

There is a spot on the horizon.
Sometimes it is faint and sometimes it is vivid and clear but always it is present.

It calls to me and I walk towards it, crawl towards it, sprint towards it, but still it is on the horizon and no closer to my grasp.

I look to this spot when I am unsure of what road to take, what choice to make, and for my daily inspiration. Then I move forward continuing my relentless journey.

At times I find myself eager to reach this destination and I run blindly forward only to look up exhausted and realize I am no closer. Yet now I have missed out on the glory of the path I've passed.

There is a spot on the horizon.
It is my destination, my euphoria, my nirvana. Now I realize it is my death.

It calls to me and I walk towards it, crawl towards it, but no longer sprint towards it. For I understand now that while it guides me, motivates me, and comforts me, I am in no rush to reach my destination.

I will not risk missing the glory of the path just passed.
I will not risk missing the momentary joy of a stolen kiss that lingers on my lips after my lover has turned to go, the warmth of my skin after the sun has passed behind a cloud or the instant peace that fills the air after a child stops crying.

My life may not be as perfect in the details as I hope it to be but the spot is still on the horizon and I am blessed with another day in which to live the life I dream of and to walk the path I pave with each of my own foot steps.

~ Each day we are given a new beginning and each day we have the opportunity to live a new life in the way we wish. The spot is always on the horizon and everyday, every moment, is a gift. Live today in the way you really want to live and be the person today you have always wanted to be. ~

Blessed be. Love and light

No comments: