Monday, February 19, 2007

The Apple Tree

There is a small Apple tree in our garden, close to the fence between our neighbours and us. Next door they have a huge grape vine and over the years the vine has crept over and used the little apple tree to support its self. During this time the vine has thrived but the apple tree has been forced to grow under the weight of it causing it to grow in a direction that it normally wouldn't.
We have now freed the little apple tree from the wight of the vine and although I now think the tree will be able to grow more easily there is no doubt that it is forever changed by its experience.

How much I have learned from this apple tree and vine for at times I have lived with the weight of another and it has formed how I grow. As well at times, I have placed my burdens on others and expected them to carry me so that I may thrive. To support others is noble but we must not take on so much that it changes who we are or our individual growth.
Throughout our lives we take the role of both the apple tree and the vine but to find a harmony in our garden of life is to find a way to thrive while carrying our own weight and burdens.

Happy gardening! Love and light,

No comments: